DAF and NSW DPI, with support from GRDC, will be running an insect identification and management workshop in Goondiwindi on Wednesday 21 July 2021.
The workshop will include:
- hands-on sessions and group discussion
- efficient and effective sampling
- an overview of insect development and identification tips
- thresholds and how to use them
- a look at specific crops (including a session on insects in stored grain)
- information on available resources
The content will be targeted to early career agronomists, but registration is also open to those looking for a refresher in the above topics.
Participants are asked to identify key issues they want covered in the workshop when they register, and these will be revisited on the day to ensure the workshops are well targeted.
The workshop will run from 9am to about 3:30pm, with lunch provided.